Away Mode Leak: If your Monitor is currently set to Away Mode, you will receive leak alerts every time water runs. Away Mode is best used if you are going to be away from your residence for an extended period of time and you know that no water should be running. You can read more about Home vs. Away Mode.
- 5 sec – It is normal for some appliances like ice makers to fill with water for at least 5 seconds.
- 15 sec – Most ice makers and dish washers, don’t fill with water for more than 15 sec at a time. (Recommended)
- 30 sec – Some appliances need a little longer to fill with water.
- 1 minute – Water softeners can use water for 1 minute or longer.
- 5 minutes – Unusually long for any appliance or water softener.