Effective Date: 12/28/2022
Last Updated: 12/28/2022
Your use of the Services is subject to this Policy and the StreamLabs Terms of Service, including applicable terms of limitations on liability and the resolution of disputes.
Table of Contents
Personal Information We Collect
How We Use Personal Information
How We May Disclose Personal Information
Cookies and Other Tracking Mechanisms
Your Cookie and Marketing Choices
Additional Notice to California Residents
Personal Information We Collect
We collect information that identifies, describes, or is reasonably capable of being associated with you (“Personal Information”). Personal Information does not include publicly available information, such as information lawfully made available from government records, information we have a reasonable basis to believe is lawfully made available to the general public by you or by widely distributed media, or by a person to whom you have disclosed the information and not restricted it to a specific audience, or deidentified or aggregated information.
As described below, we collect Personal Information directly from you, automatically through your use of the Site and Services, and from third-party sources. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may combine the information we collect from publicly available or third-party sources. The Personal Information we collect varies based on what products or services you have with us.
Personal Information We Collect Directly From You
You can visit our Site, download our Mobile App, and use certain features without creating an account. However, some features require you to provide us with certain Personal Information. While the Personal Information we collect varies depending upon your use of the Services and our interactions with you, we may collect the following Personal Information directly from you:
- Identifiers and Contact Information. We may collect personal identifiers and contact information such as your name, address, email address, phone number.
- Account Details. If you register an account with us, we collect information such as your email, phone number, or user ID, and password used to login to your account.
- Purchases and Payment Information. When you purchase products or services on the Site, we and our payment-processing providers collect information necessary to complete the transaction, including payment information such as name, credit card information, payment account details, billing information, shipping information, and any other information required in connection with fulfilling purchase orders.
- Message Contents. If you contact our customer service team, including through email or our web forms, we may collect your messages, emails, or any other information you so choose to provide. We also maintain records of communications and information you post in blogs, forums, and in other areas of the Services.
- Audio or Similar Information. If you speak with our customer service team by phone, we may collect a recording for quality assurance and training purposes.
- Preferences. We may also collect information about the types of Services you use, your communications preferences, wish lists and other preferences you may select in your account or profile.
- Other Information. We also collect information when you complete online forms, surveys, or leave us product reviews. We also collect any other information you so choose to provide.
Personal Information We Collect Automatically
As described below in the “Cookies and Other Tracking Mechanisms” section, when you visit our Site or download and use our Mobile App, we may automatically collect certain Personal Information, including:
- Device Identifiers. We automatically collect IP address, unique device ID, device type, browser type, location information, and information about your browser and browser language.
- Network Activity. We may also collect information related to how you interact with the Services and advertisements, such as page views, links and items clicked and other activity information, referring URL, browsing history, and other similar information. We may use analytics providers and technologies, including cookies and similar tools, to collect this information.
- Geolocation. We also may collect geolocation information, such as physical location or movements. Additionally, depending on your device settings, if you visit our Site or use our Mobile App, we may collect geolocation information from your IP address which links to the region you live in.
Personal Information We Collect from Other Sources
We may collect information about you through our affiliates, business partners, authorized representatives, advertising networks, data analytics providers, social networks, Internet service providers, operating systems and platforms, government entities, public databases, data brokers, and vendors and service providers who provide services on our behalf.
How We Use Personal Information
We may use the Personal Information we collect for the following purposes:
- Operate Our Business. We use the Personal Information we collect to allow you to maintain your account and otherwise run our day-to-day operations, and to otherwise enable you to use our Services, including enabling water monitoring, leak detection and water shut-off functionalities via our Mobile App.
- Provide You Products and Services. We use the Personal Information we collect to provide you with, renew or modify products and services. We also use this information to set up a product or service, handle a claim, or complete a transaction.
- Communicate With You. We use the Personal Information we collect to communicate with you about your use of our Services, to respond to your inquiries, to provide you with the information and documents you request, and for other customer service purposes.
- Evaluate and Improve Our Products and Services. We use the Personal Information we collect to evaluate, analyze, improve, and develop our products and Services, including this Site. We also use this information to tailor the content and information that we may send or display to you, to offer location customization and personalized help and instructions, and to otherwise personalize your experiences while using our Services.
- Analytics to Support Our Business. We may use the Personal Information we collect to conduct research studies to maintain and develop our products and Services, and to create new offerings or features. We also use this information to administer surveys and questionnaires, such as for market research or member satisfaction purposes.
- Marketing and Advertising. We may use your Personal Information for marketing and promotional purposes, including to send you promotional communications about products, services, features, and options we believe may interest you. We may send communications via e-mail, regular mail or may send push notifications via a mobile device. We may also use your information to serve you advertisements or customized content online.
- Inferences. We may use the information we collect to better understand how you access and use our Sites and the products and Services available on our Sites, both on an aggregated and individualized basis.
- Find Locations on Request. At your request, we may use your information to obtain your location from the mobile device or the network using your device’s Global Positioning System (GPS) functionality, or directly from you. We may use your location information to help you search for information, including searching for a service provider. If you do not want location information used, you can disable the GPS functionality on your mobile device.
- Fraud and Security Purposes. We may use the Personal Information we collect to mitigate fraud and protect StreamLabs and others. We also use this information to prevent and detect fraudulent, malicious, deceptive, infringements of our policies and contracts and other potential misuse of or illegal activity relating to our products, assets, and Services.
- Legal Requirements. We use the Personal Information we collect to investigate, enforce, and apply this Policy and our Terms of Service, and to otherwise protect our own rights and interests, such as to resolve any disputes or to respond to requests from law enforcement, court orders, regulators, or other legal processes.
- Business Transfers. We may also use the Personal Information we collect and receive to consider and implement mergers, acquisitions, reorganizations, refinancing, and other business transactions, and for the administration of our general business, accounting, recordkeeping, and other legal functions.
- Other Operational and Business Purposes. We may use your Personal Information for other operational purposes, including to refer you to our third-party partners, and to comply with contracts related to products or Services that we provide to you.
We also may combine or aggregate any of the information we collect through the Services or elsewhere for any of these purposes or for analyzing usage statistics and trends.
How We May Disclose Personal Information
When permitted by applicable law, including in cases that require your consent, we may disclose your Personal Information to our affiliates, business partners, vendors and services providers, and others as follows:
- Affiliates and Business Partners. We may disclose the Personal Information we collect with our parent or affiliates. StreamLabs also partners with other businesses to offer products and Services, and we may disclose your Personal Information to those organizations. For example, we may disclose your Personal Information with retailers or manufacturers for warranty or recall purposes. If required by law, we will obtain consent prior to disclosing Personal Information.
- Vendors and Service Providers. We may disclose the Personal Information we collect with vendors and service providers who perform functions on our behalf, such as helping complete transactions and process payments, and servicing your membership. We may also disclose your information to vendors and service providers who provide website hosting and analytics, marketing and advertising, email or other communication services, development and research studies, customer support, and tax, accounting, and legal services.
- Marketing and Advertising Partners. We may also disclose your Personal Information, such as name and contact information, with our marketing and advertising partners to send you content about certain products and Services.
We also may disclose your Personal Information in the following circumstances:
- Business Transfers. As we continue to develop our business, we may buy, merge, or partner with other companies. We may disclose Personal Information as part of those commercial transactions (e.g., mergers, acquisitions, financings, asset sales or transfers, bankruptcy or reorganization or other similar business transactions), as well as in contemplation of such transactions (e.g., due diligence). Where possible we will do so under appropriate confidentiality agreements. Similarly, if all or part of our business, assets, or Sites are merged with or sold to another company, or as part of a bankruptcy proceeding, your Personal Information may be transferred to the surviving or acquiring company.
- In Response to Legal Process. Personal Information may be disclosed to third parties, as required by law or subpoena, or if we reasonably believe such action is necessary to comply with the law and the reasonable requests of regulators, law enforcement or other public authorities. We also may disclose the information we collect in order to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or other legal process, including responding to national security or law enforcement disclosure requirements.
- To Prevent Fraud and Protect Us and Others. We also may disclose the Personal Information we collect where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person, violations of this Policy or our Terms of Service, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved. We may also disclose Personal Information to protect our rights and the rights of others. This may include exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud prevention, spam/malware mitigation, and similar purposes.
- Aggregate and De-Identified Information. We may disclose aggregate or de-identified information about users with third parties for marketing, advertising, research or other purposes.
- With Your Permission. We may disclose Personal Information in other ways not described above. If we do so, we will notify you and, if necessary, obtain your consent.
Cookies and Other Tracking Mechanisms
Cookies. “Cookies” are alphanumeric identifiers we transfer to your device’s hard drive through your web browser for tracking purposes. Some cookies allow us to make it easier for you to navigate our Services, while others are used to enable a faster log-in process, support the security and performance of the Services, or allow us to track activity and usage data within our Service.
Clear GIFs, Pixel Tags, and Other Technologies. In addition to cookies, we may also use pixel tags (sometimes called web beacons or “clear GIFs”) to collect information about you and your use of our Services. While cookies are stored locally on your device, pixel tags are embedded invisibly within web pages and online content. We may use these, in connection with our Services to, among other things, track the activities of users, and help us manage content and compile usage statistics. We may also use these in HTML e-mails we send, to help track e-mail response rates, identify when our e-mails are viewed, and track whether our e-mails are forwarded.
Cross-Device Tracking. We and our third-party providers may use the information that we collect about you within our Services and on other third-party sites and services to help us and these third parties to identify other devices that you use (e.g., a mobile phone, tablet, other computer, etc.).
Do Not Track. We do not currently respond to web browser “Do Not Track” signals.
Your Cookie and Marketing Choices
We make available several ways for you to manage choices about your Personal Information, including preferences regarding cookies, advertising, whether you want to receive marketing and promotional emails from us, and choices regarding your account and profile information.
- Cookie Settings. If you wish to prevent cookies from tracking your activity on our Sites or visits across our Services, you can set your browser to block certain cookies or notify you when a cookie is set; you can also delete cookies. The “Help” portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your device from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to delete cookies. Visitors to our Site who disable cookies will be able to browse the Sites, but some features may not function.
- Industry Ad Choice Programs. You can also control how participating third-party ad companies use the information that they collect about your visits to our websites and use of our mobile applications, and those of third parties, in order to display more relevant targeted advertising to you. If you are in the U.S., you can obtain more information and opt out of receiving targeted ads from participating third-party ad networks at http://aboutads.info/choices (Digital Advertising Alliance). You may also download the DAA AppChoices tool (https://youradchoices.com/appchoices) in order to help control interest-based advertising on apps on your mobile device.
- Marketing Communications. You can opt out of receiving marketing emails from us by using the unsubscribe feature in any such email we send you.
- Account and Profile Information. You may also access, update, or correct your account and profile information at any time by logging in to your account and updating the Personal Information we maintain. We may keep a copy of your prior information for a period of time, as part of our business records and our backup data.
Our Services are not designed for children, and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of thirteen (13). If we learn that we have received information directly from a child who is under the age of 13, we will delete such information from our systems. If you are a parent or legal guardian and you believe we have collected your child’s information in violation of applicable law, please contact us using the contact information below.
When you use our Services, you may find links to other websites that we do not own or control. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of these other sites, including their collection of your Personal Information. You should review the terms and conditions and privacy policies of these other sites before providing your information.
Blogs and Other Features
We may offer blogs, online forums or other interactive features with our Services that enable you to share information about the Services or other issues of interest. You should be aware that any communications you submit or post to any such interactive features on the Services may be viewable by other participants or users. By submitting or posting to such interactive features you acknowledge that you have no expectation of privacy or confidentiality in the content you submit for such features, whether or not it contains Personal Information about you.
We have implemented safeguards designed to protect Personal Information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Please be aware that despite our efforts, no data security measures can guarantee security.
Changes to This Policy
This Policy is current as of the Effective Date set forth above. We may change this Policy at any time and from time to time. Any amendments or modifications to this Policy will become effective immediately upon posting. We will let you know of amendments or modifications by appropriate means such as by posting the revised statement on this page with a new “Last Updated” date. Your continued use of any of our Services following the posting of a revised version of this Policy will constitute your acceptance of the revised Policy. If you do not agree with the revised Policy, do not use any of our Services.
If you want to submit a verified request regarding the rights above concerning your personal information click here or call us at +1-877-587-2555.
If you have questions about this Policy or our privacy practices, please contact us using the contact information provided below.
5000 Highlands Pkwy SE, Ste 270
Smyrna, GA 30082
By using the Services or by consenting using a consent mechanism where provided you signify your consent to this Policy and this site’s Terms of Service. If you do not agree to this Policy or the site’s Terms of Service, please do not use the Services. The Services are not for use within any country or jurisdiction or by any persons where such use would constitute a violation of law. If this applies to you, you are not authorized to access or use any of the Services.
Additional Notice to California Residents
If you would like to exercise your rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018, as amended by the California Privacy Rights Act of 2020 ("CCPA"), please visit us at our Data Subject Request web page or call us at the following toll-free telephone number 1-877-587-2555.
You can find StreamLabs’ CCPA Notice at Collection below.
- Health or medical information that we collect and that is subject to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (“HIPAA”), the California Confidentiality of Medical Information Act or the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act.
- Information we collect in connection with the issuance of financial products or services to you that are to be used primarily for your personal, family, or household purposes and that is subject to the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (“GLBA”) or the California Financial Information Privacy Act. Note that this exclusion may not apply to all of your Personal Information, including to personal information collected before you become a customer.
- Information we collect and provide for use that is subject to the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
- Information we collect as a motor vehicle record and that is subject to the Driver's Privacy Protection Act of 1994.
- Publicly available information from government records, and information we have a reasonable basis to believe is lawfully made available to the general public by you or by widely distributed media, or by a person to whom you have disclosed the information and not restricted it to a specific audience.
- Deidentified or aggregated information.
California Notice at Collection
The following identifies the categories of Personal Information we may collect about you (and may have collected in the prior 12 months). Note that our collection, use and disclosure of Personal Information about you will vary depending upon the circumstances and nature of our interactions or relationship with you. Depending on how you use our Services, we may collect the following categories of Personal Information:
- Identifiers, such as real name, alias, address, email address, date of birth, account name, other similar identifiers you so choose to provide.
- Online Identifiers, such as unique personal identifiers, device IDs, ad IDs, IP addresses, and cookie data.
- Commercial Information, such as records, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
- Financial Information, such as credit card information, payment account details, billing information, shipping information, and any other information required in connection with fulfilling purchase orders.
- Usage Data, such as Internet or other electronic network activity information regarding a California resident's interaction with portals, Internet websites, applications, or advertisements, including, but not limited to, browsing history, clickstream data, search history and content of public posts.
- Geolocation Data, such as physical location or movements.
- Audio, Video and Other Electronic Data, such as audio information including call recordings, video and photographs, and recorded meetings and webinars.
- Inferences and Preferences, such as inferences drawn from any of the information described in this section about a consumer including inferences reflecting the consumer’s preferences, characteristics, behavior and abilities.
- Sensitive Personal Information, such as geolocation data.
Sources of Personal Information
We generally collect Personal Information from the following categories of sources:
- Directly from you and automatically;
- Our affiliates;
- Our vendors and service providers.
Purposes for Collecting and Disclosing Personal Information
As described in the “How We Use Personal Information” section above, in general, we collect and otherwise process the personal information we collect for the following business or commercial purposes:
- Operate our business;
- Provide you products and services;
- Communicate with you;
- Evaluate and improve our products and services;
- Analytics to support our business;
- Marketing and advertising;
- Find locations on request;
- Fraud and security purposes;
- Legal requirements;
- Business transfers; and
- Other operational and business purposes.
Sensitive Personal Information
Notwithstanding the purposes described above, we do not collect, use, or disclose “sensitive personal information” beyond the purposes authorized by the CCPA. Accordingly, we only use and disclose sensitive personal information as reasonably necessary and proportionate: (i) to perform our services requested by you; (ii) to help ensure security and integrity, including to prevent, detect, and investigate security incidents; (iii) to detect, prevent and respond to malicious, fraudulent, deceptive, or illegal conduct; (iv) to verify or maintain the quality and safety of our services; (v) for compliance with our legal obligations; (vi) to our service providers who perform services on our behalf; and (vii) for purposes other than inferring characteristics about you.
Retention of Personal Information
Disclosure of Personal Information to Third Parties and Other Recipients
The categories of Personal Information we have disclosed for a business purpose in the preceding twelve (12) months include: identifiers, online identifiers, commercial information, financial information, usage data, geolocation data, audio, video, and other electronic data, inferences, and sensitive personal information.
The categories of third parties and other recipients to whom we may disclose personal information for a business purpose may include:
- Affiliates and business partners;
- Vendors and service providers;
- Acquirers of business assets;
- Advisors, auditors, consultants, and representatives;
- Regulators, government entities, and law enforcement;
- Operating systems and platforms; and
- Others as required by law.
Additionally, the CCPA defines “sale” as disclosing or making available personal information to a third-party in exchange for monetary or other valuable consideration, and “sharing” includes disclosing or making available personal information to a third-party for purposes of cross-contextual behavioral advertising. While we do not “sell” Personal Information, we may “share” the following categories of Personal Information: online identifiers, and usage data. We disclose this information to third-party advertising networks, analytics providers, and social networks for purposes of marketing and advertising. We do not sell or share “sensitive personal information,” nor do we sell or share any Personal Information about individuals who we know are under sixteen (16) years old.
Rights Regarding Your Personal Information
The CCPA provides California residents with specific rights regarding Personal Information. This section describes your rights under the CCPA and explains how to exercise those rights. Subject to certain exceptions, California consumers have the right to make the following requests:
Right to Know. With respect to the Personal Information we have collected about you in the prior (twelve) 12 months, you have the right to request from us (up to twice per year and subject to certain exemptions and carveouts):
- The categories of Personal Information we collected about you;
- The sources from which we have collected that Personal Information;
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting, selling, or sharing that Personal Information;
- The categories of third parties to whom we have disclosed that Personal Information; and
- A copy of the specific pieces of your Personal Information we have collected.
Right to Correct. Subject to certain restrictions, you have the right to request that we correct inaccuracies in your Personal Information.
Right to Delete. Subject to certain conditions and exceptions, you have the right to request deletion of your Personal Information that we have collected about you.
Right to Opt-Out. You have the right to opt-out of “sales” and “sharing” of your Personal Information, as those terms are defined under the CCPA. While we do not “sell” Personal Information, our use of certain third-party analytics and advertising cookies may constitute “sharing” under the CCPA. To exercise your right to opt-out of the “sharing” of your Personal Information, please use the Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information link at the bottom of our Site.
You also have the right to opt-out of “sales” and “sharing” of your Personal Information through the use of an opt-out preference signal. If our Site detects that your browser or device is transmitting an opt-out preference signal, such as the “global privacy control”—or GPC— signal, we will opt that browser or device out of cookies on our Site that result in a “sale” or “sharing” of your Personal Information. If you come to our Site from a different device or from a different browser on the same device, you will need to opt-out, or use an opt-out preference signal, for that browser and/or device as well.
Right to Limit Use and Disclosure of Sensitive Personal Information. We do not engage in uses or disclosures of Personal Information that would trigger the right to limit use of sensitive personal information under the CCPA.
Right to Non-Discrimination. We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of the rights described in this section.
Exercising Your Rights
If you are a California resident and would like to exercise your CCPA rights, you may do so via any of the methods described below:
- Accessing our Data Subject Request web page; or
- Calling us at 1-877-587-2555
Authorized Agent. You may designate someone as an authorized agent to submit requests and act on your behalf. Authorized agents will be required to provide proof of their authorization in their first communication with us, and we may also require that you directly verify your identity and the authority of your authorized agent.
Businesses operating as an authorized agent on behalf of a California resident must provide both of the following:
- (1) Certificate of good standing with its state of organization; and
- (2) A written authorization document, signed by the California resident, containing the California resident’s name, address, telephone number, and valid email address, and expressly authorizing the business to act on behalf of the California resident.
Individuals operating as an authorized agent on behalf of a California resident must provide a written authorization document, signed by the California resident, containing the California resident’s name, address, telephone number, and valid email address, and expressly authorizing the individual to act on behalf of the California resident.
We reserve the right to reject (1) authorized agents who have not fulfilled the above requirements, or (2) automated CCPA requests where we have reason to believe the security of the requestor’s personal information may be at risk.
Verification. Before responding to your request, we must first verify your identity using the Personal Information you recently provided to us. The information we need in order to verify your identity differs depending on the request made and our relationship with you, and might include (as applicable) your name, the email address your regularly use to interact with us, your phone number, and, if available, your order number. We will take steps to verify your request by matching the information provided by you with the information we have in our records. In some cases, we may request additional information to verify your identity, or where necessary to process your request. In some cases, we may also carry out checks, including with third party identity verification services, to verify your identity before taking any action with your Personal Information. If we are unable to verify your identity after a good faith attempt, we may deny the request and, if so, will explain the basis for the denial.
5000 Highlands Pkwy SE, Ste 270
Smyrna, GA 30082
Article is closed for comments.