How do I power up the Scout?
- The StreamLabs Scout includes a CR123 battery, installed at purchase
- To power up the Scout, simply pull and remove the clear battery insulation tab.
- The Blue LED will blink indicating that the unit is powered on.
What kind of battery does the Scout use?
- StreamLabs Scout uses a single CR123A battery, available online and at most grocery, convenience, and hardware stores.
How can I replace the Scout battery?
- Replacing the Scout battery is very simple.
- To access the battery, remove the front cover using a coin (preferred - a quarter works very well) or a flathead screwdriver to separate the two halves of the plastic housing to expose the battery.
- Remove the old battery, install the new one, and carefully close by snapping the two halves of the Scout housing back together.
How can I tell when the battery needs to be replaced?
- The Scout shows its current battery level in StreamLabs App.
- 3 bars – New battery
- 2 bars – several months remaining
- 1 bar – replace battery soon
- The Scout will send a “low battery signal” to the App when it has reached 1 bar to notify you that it is time to replace the battery.
Can I plug the Scout in instead of using a battery?
- Yes, you can use the optional power supply to plug the Scout in to a standard outlet. You can also use the optional Scout 10’ DC extension cable to extend the power supply to locations a little further from an outlet.
- Both items are available for purchase at www.streamlabswater.com, or by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
Can I use the power supply and a battery at the same time?
- Yes, you can use the power supply and a battery at the same time.
- When the power supply and battery are used together, the battery acts as a backup in case of a power outage.